• Whether you are a VET or a beginner, this is the place to be. Click the REGISTER link below to proceed. Give us an intro after joining!

Cardio question

GeneLifts

VIP
Reaction score
So this is going to sound dumb but I need ideas for cardio I feel like with belly fat and everything if I was able to get a little more cardio in I'd probably do a little bit better on cutting some of this fat but with that being said here's my dilemma
I had a foot surgery a few years ago and they actually on the side of my foot had to take a little bit of bone out so it has caused me some bad balance issues like running cannot happen I do incline treadmill and I will do the stair climber at a slow pace but everything I have to do if it involves me going a little bit faster than normal has to have a handrail because of the balance issue
Do you think what I'm doing is good enough or is there any other kind of exercise that doesn't involve me having to run because of my foot that you would recommend

Try a stationary bike and do it HIT style. Warm up for a few minutes and then pedal fast as you can start with let’s say 20 seconds (I don’t know your cardio level) and then pedal at a normal pace for 45 sec to one minute then 20 seconds fast as you can repeat. Work your way up to 30 seconds 40 seconds then a minute, 2 min etc.

Try a stationary bike and do it HIT style. Warm up for a few minutes and then pedal fast as you can start with let’s say 20 seconds (I don’t know your cardio level) and then pedal at a normal pace for 45 sec to one minute then 20 seconds fast as you can repeat. Work your way up to 30 seconds 40 seconds then a minute, 2 min etc.
I will definitely give that a go I can always build up and I would have to honestly say my cardio level sucks right now because of the surgery I haven't been able to get much in so I'm trying to build back up

Stair climber. Ain't no ass kicker like that thing. Work your way up to skipping stairs.

Stair climber. Ain't no ass kicker like that thing. Work your way up to skipping stairs.
I will give that a go and yeah you know doing the stair climber I can definitely feel the workout in it and the cardio but you know having to use the handrail I just feel like I'm missing out on a good workout but I will definitely give that a go with skipping stairs see how I handle with that thank you

Think I may start that climber again. Thanks for the idea.

Yeah even though I'm not all that thrilled to do it but once I get going on it again it'll be fine. One thing about cardio, especially the climber, if you stay away from it for any period of time it's a bitch getting going again...for me anyway. Me being the 51yr old dog I am, I'll be bangin em out in no time.

Let me give you another bone. Stay on the balls of your feet, don't flat foot the steps but if your calves start balling up, step off stretch them out and flat foot it until that feeling goes away. Then back to balls of feet

Let me give you another bone. Stay on the balls of your feet, don't flat foot the steps but if your calves start balling up, step off stretch them out and flat foot it until that feeling goes away. Then back to balls of feet
Awesome brother I really do appreciate that advice like I said I've used the stair stepper but I'm definitely not an expert at it because of the foot surgery I had and the balance issues cardio scares me now but I know I need to get some in

Never be scared of it. Take on the challenge like a fuckin boss bro. Own that shit

Back