• Whether you are a VET or a beginner, this is the place to be. Click the REGISTER link below to proceed. Give us an intro after joining!

Is Twitter Ruining Your Diet?

01dragonslayer

VIP
Reaction score
IM0417_ResearchFat_meme_01.jpg

Are you tired of the nonstop inspirational messages tossed around on Instagram by social media fitness celebs? Don’t be. There’s a method to their maddening cheerfulness. Scientists from the Georgia Institute of Technology claim that they can predict an individual’s weight loss success based on what they post on Twitter. They found that the people who posted the most upbeat and optimistic messages, and stuck mostly to health and fitness topics, were more successful in their fitness goals. C

onversely, those who posted negative or fearful messages were not as successful. They came to their conclusion after reviewing more than two million tweets and more than 100,000 MyFitnessPal entries from close to 700 individuals. The lead researchers believe that modifying social media behavior can be a proactive step to ensure greater success in your fat loss efforts.

I am in some private groups that discuss training on facebook and I do like very inspirational posts and videos which do motivate. Positive vibes are the path to success in fitness IMO.

The lead researchers believe that modifying social media behavior can be a proactive step to ensure greater success in your fat loss efforts.
For me it all starts with your mental and emotional state of mind, and your tweets are going to reflect this. Some people thrive on positivity and others on negativity, your current state of mind is going to sway this. I don't tweet and I don't have a Twitter account. I have a FB account but I'm never on it. I do frequent IG, but never post up on it, just peruse the feeds. Not a big social media person because it can consume your time, time that can be better used doing other more important things to enhance your life.

Back