• Whether you are a VET or a beginner, this is the place to be. Click the REGISTER link below to proceed. Give us an intro after joining!

Nebivolol as a bodybuilding ancillary

VakarianSK

Reaction score
Nebivolol, recognized in bodybuilding circles for its potential heart-protective qualities, belongs to the category of beta-blockers commonly prescribed for treating abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) and related conditions by slowing down the heartbeat. Its notable vasodilating characteristics contribute to relaxing blood vessels and enhancing blood flow.

Nebivolol is a novel highly cardioselective beta-blocker with antihypertensive efficacy similar to that of other beta-blockers, but with tolerability better than older agents in its class, which may permit nebivolol to be used more widely and effectively than other beta-blockers.

Within the bodybuilding community, individuals may turn to nebivolol to mitigate the cardiovascular stress induced by intense workouts and the use of performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs). Some practitioners believe that nebivolol plays a safeguarding role in left ventricular function, diminishing preload and either maintaining or reducing afterload. This becomes especially advantageous for PED users, given the heightened risk of heart-related issues associated with such substances.

Nonetheless, it's crucial to emphasize that while nebivolol may provide certain advantages for heart health, it cannot replace the necessity of regular cardiovascular exercise and a healthy lifestyle. Furthermore, nebivolol is not without side effects, including dizziness, fatigue, and breathing difficulties. Seeking guidance from a healthcare professional before incorporating nebivolol or any medication into one's regimen is imperative, particularly for individuals engaged in strenuous activities like bodybuilding.

To sum up, some within the bodybuilding community turn to nebivolol for its vasodilating properties and potential benefits to left ventricular function as a means of heart protection. However, a consultation with a healthcare professional is essential before considering such medication, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, including regular cardio exercise, remains paramount.

For further reading information see

For video format information see

I am personally going to experiemnt with nebivolol over the next couple of weeks and monitor its effects on lowering resting heart rate while not hindering performance.

I have been using nebivolol for almost a week now and love it. I have been dosing it at 5mg everyday so far and it has dropped my heart rate about 20 points. As of this point I think I will keep it as a permenant ancillary.

I’ve been using nebivolol for a couple years now at 5mg per day. I think it’s great! My heart rate won’t get up to 100 even during cardio but I have no problem dropping body fat while cutting, especially while running HGH. My heart never pounds or races while on nebivolol. 5mg is a very safe dose in my opinion.

I’ve been using nebivolol for a couple years now at 5mg per day. I think it’s great! My heart rate won’t get up to 100 even during cardio but I have no problem dropping body fat while cutting, especially while running HGH. My heart never pounds or races while on nebivolol. 5mg is a very safe dose in my opinion.
Honestly and again I am still new to it, but at this point I think it is something all bodybuilders should atleast look into especially if you run high dose HGH which in itself causes a high resting heart rate.

Back