• Whether you are a VET or a beginner, this is the place to be. Click the REGISTER link below to proceed. Give us an intro after joining!

THE SLED POWER WALK

01dragonslayer

VIP
Reaction score
You'll need a sled with straps and a lifting belt. Put the straps through your belt and attach the belt to your waist.

Do this in a power-walking manner with an aggressive heel-to-toe action and slight forward lean. The sled pull is a great way to develop the posterior chain without even "lifting." And you can do it three times a week.

Do it on a flat surface. Typically you'd want to use about three-fourths of your bodyweight or full bodyweight. If your sled weighs 24 pounds then include that in the total weight you're pulling. Do 5 trips of 40-yard walks. Rest about 60 seconds between trips.

I've done these as well as pushing rather than pulling the sled.

They're ball breakers for sure. Nothing like em. You think you're in shape until you do these. These will humble you fast.

They're ball breakers for sure. Nothing like em. You think you're in shape until you do these. These will humble you fast.
Ohh yes they sure do and I've used these as a warmup before workout...gets the heart pounding and the blood flowing plus out of breath when done. I go 100' up and down 3 times with 180lbs on the sled...humbling indeed!

Back