• Whether you are a VET or a beginner, this is the place to be. Click the REGISTER link below to proceed. Give us an intro after joining!

Dealing With HGH Side Effects

VakarianSK

Reaction score
There is no doubt about it HGH (human growth hormone), especially at high doses, can come with a lot of side effects. Some common side effects include edema, carpal tunnel, joint pain, swelling, etc..

However most if not all GH side effects seem to be directly correlated to water retention. For example edema is fluid build up around the ankles, carpal tunnel from HGH use is fluid build up around the hand extremities. If we can eliminate the water retention from HGH most side effects will dissipate.

What I have been doing and also tell others to try is to introduce a low dose diuretic. I recommend HCTZ (hydrochlorothiazide) which is safe as long as you manage your fluid and electrolyte intake properly (calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium). HCTZ is very often prescribed to treat high BP (blood pressure) and can be found in a lot of pharmaceutical products being combined with telmisartan.

Personally, I use 12.5mg HCTZ everyday along with my telmisartan. If you were to start out using HCTZ maybe try 6.5mg every day or every other day.

It is also worth noting that some HGH brands contain fillers like mannitol which act as a diuretic. So holding or not holding water from one HGH brand to another does not mean it is better or worse. Always go by purity, dimmer content, and results when assessing good HGH vs bad HGH.

I take 3ius HGH both upon waking and post weight lifting before cardio.
I use 12.5mg HCTZ for any water retention and 500mg metformin SR to keep the blood glucose down.
I've thought about trying metformin but I'm currently using berberine and lantus which keeps me at a nice fasting blood glucose in the low 80s. I've thought about experimenting with Jaurdience and acarbose because some people on PM really like it and I've read a lot of promising articles about them in combination with each other.

I've thought about trying metformin but I'm currently using berberine and lantus which keeps me at a nice fasting blood glucose in the low 80s. I've thought about experimenting with Jaurdience and acarbose because some people on PM really like it and I've read a lot of promising articles about them in combination with each other.
Me dad is on both metformin and jaurdience. He said the jaurdience is crazy expensive! It works real well though.

Me dad is on both metformin and jaurdience. He said the jaurdience is crazy expensive! It works real well though.
Do you think there is a point to being on both? I know they act on different pathways but I wonder if one could replace the other. I guess I'll have to try both at some point and see.

Do you think there is a point to being on both? I know they act on different pathways but I wonder if one could replace the other. I guess I'll have to try both at some point and see.
My dad needs both for his diabetes but for us bodybuilders I don’t know if it’s a good idea or not. I’d be afraid of going hypoglycemic myself.

Yeah I watched that video a while back and its part of the reason I went down a long rabit whole of looking up and researching all the differerent excipients of major hgh brands lol.
Yeah, it's crazy how social media has opened up a plethora of available information on every and anything at our fingertips. If you know how to filter through it all and not get caught up in the BS, there is a lot of great information out there. I have a hard time keeping up with it all, there isn't enough time in the day to check out all the great videos, podcasts, and articles being put out now a day with valuable information. At this point, it's reconfirming most of what we already know, here and there we may learn something new.

Yeah, it's crazy how social media has opened up a plethora of available information on every and anything at our fingertips. If you know how to filter through it all and not get caught up in the BS, there is a lot of great information out there. I have a hard time keeping up with it all, there isn't enough time in the day to check out all the great videos, podcasts, and articles being put out now a day with valuable information. At this point, it's reconfirming most of what we already know, here and there we may learn something new.
Exactly but for me this is a good problem to have lol because I have a desk treadmill with a standing desk so all I do all day long besides lift, eat, and work is cardio on my desk treadmill while researching and learning about whatever it is im interested in which for a long time has been HGH and other bodybuilding related compounds and things lol. So this excess of information forces me to do cardio and research it.

Yeah I watched that video a while back and its part of the reason I went down a long rabit whole of looking up and researching all the differerent excipients of major hgh brands lol.
Yeah, some brands have a dietetic of sorts and it leads to the aches joints they talk about from HGH. I much prefer good tested generic HGH with high purity and little to no dimer count. My muscles ends up looking much more full and I don’t get achy joints. I just get numb hands and a lot of nitrogen retention in my muscles plus faster recovery. I would take meditrope black tops over serostim any day of the week. I ran 6ius serostim daily for 5 months and the results were crap compared to meditrope.

Yeah, some brands have a dietetic of sorts and it leads to the aches joints they talk about from HGH. I much prefer good tested generic HGH with high purity and little to no dimer count. My muscles ends up looking much more full and I don’t get achy joints. I just get numb hands and a lot of nitrogen retention in my muscles plus faster recovery. I would take meditrope black tops over serostim any day of the week. I ran 6ius serostim daily for 5 months and the results were crap compared to meditrope.
Yup and I could never justify running serostim long term lol. I'd rather invest that money.

Speaking of Meditrope, @johnjuanb1 these meditrope black tops you speak of, are they from our one sponsor Meditrope.com that seems to be MIA from the board?? @FREAK, any input on this sponsor we haven't heard from? Thanks, Tyler

Speaking of Meditrope, @johnjuanb1 these meditrope black tops you speak of, are they from our one sponsor Meditrope.com that seems to be MIA from the board?? @FREAK, any input on this sponsor we haven't heard from? Thanks, Tyler
I can send you a DM and kind of explain the whole meditrope thing, I wil throw freak in there as well. If our board sponsor meditrope is mia I can probably reach back out to my source.

I've been trying a dose of 6ius each time recently and I've found it works very well.
I assume that's a single dose of 6iu's for the day? Do you time this dose around anything or just take 6iu's for the day? AM or PM?

I assume that's a single dose of 6iu's for the day? Do you time this dose around anything or just take 6iu's for the day? AM or PM?
Yes, a single dose for one day, which is fine for me, but I'm not sure it works for others. I usually like to inject in the afternoon.

Back