• Whether you are a VET or a beginner, this is the place to be. Click the REGISTER link below to proceed. Give us an intro after joining!

What is Tirzepatide and how it works on muscle building.

Musmadar

Reaction score
Tirzepatide, a dual glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) and glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist, has a significant potential in promoting muscle building by enhancing insulin effects on muscle cells. This multifaceted approach starts from its ability to optimize glucose metabolism and induce an anabolic environment conducive to muscle growth.

Firstly, tirzepatide's dual agonism of GIP and GLP-1 receptors plays a pivotal role. GIP and GLP-1 are incretin hormones that regulate glucose homeostasis. By activating GIP receptors, tirzepatide enhances insulin secretion in response to nutrient intake, ensuring a timely and efficient delivery of glucose to muscle cells. Simultaneously, stimulation of GLP-1 receptors promotes insulin sensitivity, allowing muscle cells to effectively respond to insulin signals and facilitate glucose uptake.

Moreover, tirzepatide's impact on glucagon is noteworthy. By suppressing glucagon secretion, it helps prevent excess glucose release from the liver, maintaining a lower blood glucose level. This, in turn, reduces the demand for insulin and minimizes the risk of insulin resistance, creating an environment where insulin can more effectively promote anabolic processes in muscle cells.

The insulinotropic effects of tirzepatide extend beyond glucose regulation. Insulin is a potent anabolic hormone that not only regulates glucose but also stimulates protein synthesis and inhibits protein breakdown. Tirzepatide, by enhancing insulin action on muscle cells, fosters an anabolic state, promoting the synthesis of muscle proteins and inhibiting their degradation. This contributes to overall muscle hypertrophy and strength gains.

Furthermore, tirzepatide's potential to improve nutrient partitioning is crucial for muscle building. By optimizing glucose utilization, it directs nutrients towards muscle cells, providing them with the necessary energy substrates for protein synthesis and growth. This enhanced nutrient availability supports muscle anabolism and recovery, especially in individuals engaged in resistance training or other forms of exercise aimed at building muscle mass.

By enhancing insulin's impact on muscle cells, tirzepatide not only addresses glucose regulation but also creates an environment conducive to muscle protein synthesis and growth. As research in this field progresses, tirzepatide may prove as a valuable tool in the pursuit of optimizing muscle health and function.

Yes, I prefer tirzepatide, but it's more expensive than semaglutide, but I think it's worth it.
Good to know, I haven't tried either but did pick up some semaglutide, just haven't tried it yet. I will keep this in mind, thanks for your feedback.

👌😉(y)

Yes, I prefer tirzepatide, but it's more expensive than semaglutide, but I think it's worth it.
Did you notice any difference in the type of side affects you get between the two? I've read where sema can give more of a noticeable nauseous feeling over tirzep.

What's the cycle and dosing ? Is it sub q ?

Did you notice any difference in the type of side affects you get between the two? I've read where sema can give more of a noticeable nauseous feeling over tirzep.
I think semaglutide is mainly used to suppress appetite by causing nausea in the human body, which makes me very uncomfortable, in contrast, tirzepatide brings me nausea, which I can accept.

I think semaglutide is mainly used to suppress appetite by causing nausea in the human body, which makes me very uncomfortable, in contrast, tirzepatide brings me nausea, which I can accept.

Good to know. Thank you for your insight.

Tirzepatide, a dual glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) and glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist, has a significant potential in promoting muscle building by enhancing insulin effects on muscle cells. This multifaceted approach starts from its ability to optimize glucose metabolism and induce an anabolic environment conducive to muscle growth.

Firstly, tirzepatide's dual agonism of GIP and GLP-1 receptors plays a pivotal role. GIP and GLP-1 are incretin hormones that regulate glucose homeostasis. By activating GIP receptors, tirzepatide enhances insulin secretion in response to nutrient intake, ensuring a timely and efficient delivery of glucose to muscle cells. Simultaneously, stimulation of GLP-1 receptors promotes insulin sensitivity, allowing muscle cells to effectively respond to insulin signals and facilitate glucose uptake.

Moreover, tirzepatide's impact on glucagon is noteworthy. By suppressing glucagon secretion, it helps prevent excess glucose release from the liver, maintaining a lower blood glucose level. This, in turn, reduces the demand for insulin and minimizes the risk of insulin resistance, creating an environment where insulin can more effectively promote anabolic processes in muscle cells.

The insulinotropic effects of tirzepatide extend beyond glucose regulation. Insulin is a potent anabolic hormone that not only regulates glucose but also stimulates protein synthesis and inhibits protein breakdown. Tirzepatide, by enhancing insulin action on muscle cells, fosters an anabolic state, promoting the synthesis of muscle proteins and inhibiting their degradation. This contributes to overall muscle hypertrophy and strength gains.

Furthermore, tirzepatide's potential to improve nutrient partitioning is crucial for muscle building. By optimizing glucose utilization, it directs nutrients towards muscle cells, providing them with the necessary energy substrates for protein synthesis and growth. This enhanced nutrient availability supports muscle anabolism and recovery, especially in individuals engaged in resistance training or other forms of exercise aimed at building muscle mass.

By enhancing insulin's impact on muscle cells, tirzepatide not only addresses glucose regulation but also creates an environment conducive to muscle protein synthesis and growth. As research in this field progresses, tirzepatide may prove as a valuable tool in the pursuit of optimizing muscle health and function.
As always, thank you for your article.

I felt some Semaglutide had stronger appetite suppressant. However, constipation was an issue. Pretty easy to deal with or just taking magnesium regularly and staying hydrated. Tirz help me break a 2-month stall from Sema. I like Retatrutide the best. It seems to give a little bit of energy. One issue with Reta is that get red faced. Noticeably.

I felt some Semaglutide had stronger appetite suppressant. However, constipation was an issue. Pretty easy to deal with or just taking magnesium regularly and staying hydrated. Tirz help me break a 2-month stall from Sema. I like Retatrutide the best. It seems to give a little bit of energy. One issue with Reta is that get red faced. Noticeably.
Excellent feedback, thanks for sharing brother 👌:cool:(y)

Hi everyone. I'm super new to this forum and to most of the information shared here. I have a subject that has been using Tirzepatide for about 5 months now. There's been great progress in terms of weight loss however I've realized with time that Tirzepatide makes them quite tired. All they can manage in a given day is just their job which is a desk job but after that they're too exhausted to do anything else. Where I absolutely love their weight loss I would like to see the subject be a little bit more active and also change their lifestyle and improve on things.

I recently read about Retatrutide on Reddit just like I had about Tirzepatide. But some have mentioned that with Ret they're not experiencing lack of energy or pain in legs etc. I want to know how true that has been for people who've tried it here and also is the dosage meant to be the same as Tirzepatide for similar results? Thank you.

I recently read about Retatrutide on Reddit just like I had about Tirzepatide. But some have mentioned that with Ret they're not experiencing lack of energy or pain in legs etc. I want to know how true that has been for people who've tried it here and also is the dosage meant to be the same as Tirzepatide for similar results? Thank you.
Retatrutide is so new to the market, like you @Jessy, I'm hoping someone on the forum has some experience with it. I'm curious as well.

Hi everyone. I'm super new to this forum and to most of the information shared here. I have a subject that has been using Tirzepatide for about 5 months now. There's been great progress in terms of weight loss however I've realized with time that Tirzepatide makes them quite tired. All they can manage in a given day is just their job which is a desk job but after that they're too exhausted to do anything else. Where I absolutely love their weight loss I would like to see the subject be a little bit more active and also change their lifestyle and improve on things.

I've read numerous anecdotal reports of people having very good experiences with Reta. Increased resting heart rate seems to be the primary complaint. I would not start my doses at the same level as as you current dose of Tirz If you've already titrated up a couple levels. If you try Reta you really should titrate up slowly. I stack a small amount weekly with Tirz and have enjoyed the energy and it helped me break a stall. Here's some information I found from another forum that I think is helpful:

Reta/Tirz Dosing Schedule

Just got an email from Jay Campbell endorsing the combination of Reta and Tirz which I feel like has been highly debated on this subbed and (from what I have seen) discouraged by many.

Here is what he said:

“Right now, the ultimate dosing protocol for using both peptides together is still the following:

1 shot of 2.5-5 mg of Tirzepatide weekly combined with 1 shot of Retatrutide at 2-4 mg weekly

Retatrutide comes in with enhanced thermogenesis and sweating throughout the day for increased caloric burn, whether at rest or when exercising.

Tirzepatide comes in with appetite suppression and craving elimination, which helps address the increased hunger people feel while on Retatrutide.

No reason to stubbornly use one over the other.”

I've read numerous anecdotal reports of people having very good experiences with Reta. Increased resting heart rate seems to be the primary complaint. I would not start my doses at the same level as as you current dose of Tirz If you've already titrated up a couple levels. If you try Reta you really should titrate up slowly. I stack a small amount weekly with Tirz and have enjoyed the energy and it helped me break a stall. Here's some information I found from another forum that I think is helpful:

Reta/Tirz Dosing Schedule

Just got an email from Jay Campbell endorsing the combination of Reta and Tirz which I feel like has been highly debated on this subbed and (from what I have seen) discouraged by many.

Here is what he said:

“Right now, the ultimate dosing protocol for using both peptides together is still the following:

1 shot of 2.5-5 mg of Tirzepatide weekly combined with 1 shot of Retatrutide at 2-4 mg weekly

Retatrutide comes in with enhanced thermogenesis and sweating throughout the day for increased caloric burn, whether at rest or when exercising.

Tirzepatide comes in with appetite suppression and craving elimination, which helps address the increased hunger people feel while on Retatrutide.

No reason to stubbornly use one over the other.”
Thank you, my friend, your advice is very valuable to me, I think it will definitely help my clients:D

Interesting. Could this be used in the off-season while trying to put in size to keep you leaner and more insulin sensitive? How does it effect appetite and does it cause a lot of nausea? And can it be used alongside lantus insulin?

I started Retatrutide 2 weeks ago...
I've also been using Sema and Tirz before....
In my opinion Tirz is the best of all because you get almost all the hunger supression as you ger from Sema but without the nausea....but in my case I got iron depletion from it, after 2 months of using...

Reta is a different story...I got very little hunger supression but the same pace of loosing weight and the BIG problem is that it has a strong loosing muscle effect...it deplete glucagon deposits within the muscles cells...and I didn't get the spikes of energy that I've expected.

....that is just my opinion based on the feels.

Back