• Whether you are a VET or a beginner, this is the place to be. Click the REGISTER link below to proceed. Give us an intro after joining!

Whole Eggs Better Than Egg Whites For Breakfast

01dragonslayer

VIP
Reaction score
Whole Eggs Better Than Whites For Breakfast

The egg-white omelet is so deeply ingrained in bodybuilder culture, it is almost unthinkable to reassess this classic choice of breakfast. But it might be time to break the habit when it come to breaking shells.

Research published in the journal Metabolism shows that including whole eggs into a moderately carbohydrate-restricted diet (25 to 30 per-cent of total calories) improves insulin sensitivity and levels of plasma insulin as compared to those subjects who ate egg whites.

Why not use the whole egg? While egg whites are made up of highly bioavailable protein, they are bankrupt when it comes to nutrients. On the other hand, the yolk contains valuable fat-soluble vitamins, such as A, E, D, and K, as well as calcium, magnesium, iron, selenium, and the antioxidant carotenoids, lutein, and zeaxanthin.

Been drinking them for decades :) Drink a dozen a day (most days)
Bro, really!?! That's burly, haven't drank raw eggs since high school. That was my party trick. In high school, at parties, I would drink a pint of raw eggs in front of everyone. Most couldn't believe it. Well they never had the opportunity to watch the original Pumping Iron. Haven't done it since.

Bro, really!?! That's burly, haven't drank raw eggs since high school. That was my party trick. In high school, at parties, I would drink a pint of raw eggs in front of everyone. Most couldn't believe it. Well they never had the opportunity to watch the original Pumping Iron. Haven't done it since.
LOL!!! 😆…yup man, it’s the only way that they don’t give me indigestion. As soon as I consume cooked eggs, they hate my guts. Bloating, burping, gassy, acid reflux… Drinking them has always been flawless and appetite suppressing and blood sugar stabilizing, makes my skin glow, made my hair shiny, excellent pumps (for a non-carb protein source)… so many more benefits I’m sure I’m forgetting.

LOL!!! 😆…yup man, it’s the only way that they don’t give me indigestion. As soon as I consume cooked eggs, they hate my guts. Bloating, burping, gassy, acid reflux… Drinking them has always been flawless and appetite suppressing and blood sugar stabilizing, makes my skin glow, made my hair shiny, excellent pumps (for a non-carb protein source)… so many more benefits I’m sure I’m forgetting.
Sorry to hear brother, I've never had an issue with eggs, cooked or raw, and I've never heard of anyone getting salmonella poisoning from a raw egg either. Do you wash the shell before cracking it open? I'm one those people that uses the whole egg, I rarely discard the yolk, to many great nutrients in the yolk, plus it contains half the protein you get out of consuming a whole egg. I can see using just the whites during a prep, but I don't conform to never using the yolk and only consuming egg whites year-round. A raw egg may just be the best quality protein source we can consume. One of my top protein powders I use is Gaspari's Proven Egg. Cheers to the egg 🥚

Back before cold refrigeration was invented, I could see egg shells being a problem, but those thought patterns are now nothing more than fear mongering by main stream narrative, big pharma, and major medical. Fuckem. Knock on wood, but never had an issue in 30 years of training and sucking down whole eggs 😆

Back before cold refrigeration was invented, I could see egg shells being a problem, but those thought patterns are now nothing more than fear mongering by main stream narrative, big pharma, and major medical. Fuckem. Knock on wood, but never had an issue in 30 years of training and sucking down whole eggs 😆
Now I can see where the expression "suck eggs" came from :LOL:

Yeah and that whole cholesterol conspiracy is a hoax! I’ve been doing 4 to 5 eggs a day at least since university and my total cholesterol has never been bad. Trust me when I say this university was a long time ago so we are talking decades of multiple egg consumption daily and no cholesterol problems (except for low HDL, damn orals!)

Yeah and that whole cholesterol conspiracy is a hoax! I’ve been doing 4 to 5 eggs a day at least since university and my total cholesterol has never been bad. Trust me when I say this university was a long time ago so we are talking decades of multiple egg consumption daily and no cholesterol problems (except for low HDL, damn orals!)

Same here. I agree. First it was do not eat any eggs it is terrible for cholesterol. Then it was, eggs are ok just not the yolks, then its ok to eat the entire egg, just in moderation. They don't know WTF they are talking about lol.

Same here. I agree. First it was do not eat any eggs it is terrible for cholesterol. Then it was, eggs are ok just not the yolks, then its ok to eat the entire egg, just in moderation. They don't know WTF they are talking about lol.
So true, the FDA really doesn't know what they are doing other than taking care of special interest groups who are lobbying for their particular scam against the general public.

Back